Frequently Asked Questions
Is Planet Kraken legit?
- Yes, Planet Kraken is a legitimate, reputable website. Buyers are purchasing items for sale and sellers do receive payouts.
- The site is legit, however, there is no promise that the people buying and selling on it are legitimate. That's why we have protections in place for both parties. Buyers can accept or return an item once they receive it. The seller's payment isn't released until the buyer approves the purchase.
Is it safe to buy on Planet Kraken?
- Absolutely! We take data security seriously at Planet Kraken. We have standard protections in place for both parties. Buyers can accept or return an item once they receive it, no problem. We stand behind every purchase.
How can I trust buying on Planet Kraken?
- You are protected every time you place an order on Planet Kraken with Planet Kraken Protection. When you purchase
an item on Planet Kraken, we keep your payment safe until you tell us you've received your order. If your item does
not match the description, please open a case from the app or website within 3 days of delivery, before the order is
marked as received. It’s simple:
- Go to the Account Tab
- Select My Purchases
- Select the order you purchased
- Select Problems/Order Inquiry.
- After we verify your claim, we'll refund payment. If we don't hear from you by 3 days after your order is delivered, we'll assume everything is OK and release your payment to the seller. Once we release payment, all sales are final and no refunds will be available.
What is Planet Kraken Protection?
- You are protected every time you make a purchase on Planet Kraken.
- We will give you a full refund if your item never ships or does not match the listing description. Otherwise, all sales are final. We stand behind every sale and are proud of Planet Kraken Protection, the policies and systems we have in place to protect buyers.
What can I sell on Planet Kraken?
- Planet Kraken is a marketplace for men’s, women's, and kids' diving equipment and accessories.Please refrain from listing items that do not fall into these categories.
- Pre-owned items can be listed on Planet Kraken if they are clean and in good condition. All items must be clearly and accurately represented.
- Planet Kraken prohibits the sale of replicas or fakes. Members who buy, list, or otherwise attempt to sell replicas or fakes risk immediate and permanent suspension from Planet Kraken. Note, using a brand name to falsely describe or promote an item violates trademark law.
- We do not condone the buying or selling of electronics, books, dvds, home goods, personal items, perfume, any health and wellness products (ex: lotion, serum, skin care products, supplements, etc.) or other non-diving related items. Any listings in these categories will be removed from search or deleted.
- If we feel that your listing violates these guidelines in any way, we reserve the right to remove it and may take other actions, including restricting your future buying and selling privileges on Planet Kraken.
- Click here for tips on selling success.
How old do you have to be to sell on Planet Kraken?
- Short answer? At least 13 years old. Planet Kraken does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal data through the services. Thirteen or older? Set up your Merchant account (it’s easy, we promise) and start selling!
Does Planet Kraken take a cut?
- Yes. Plain and simple, no resale market would be able to function without taking a percentage of each sale. Planet Kraken charges a flat rate of $2.95 on sales under $25, and 10% on sales over $25.
What percentage does Planet Kraken charge for your sale?
- Planet Kraken charges a flat rate of $2.95 on sales under $25 and 10% on sales over $25.
How long does it take to get paid on Planet Kraken?
- Once a buyer confirms receipt of the item the seller’s payment will be sent to their bank account within 48 hours.
What happens if my buyer reports my item as “not as described”?
- When a buyer reports a problem with their order, we ask them to submit supporting documentation including photos and a list of issues. Our team will then review the photos and information provided, the seller's listing (photos, description and all communication between buyer and seller), and other relevant documentation prior to coming to a resolution. We recommend that all sellers accurately describe their items by providing clear, representative photos that fully show the condition of the item and a detailed description.
- Both the buyer and seller will be notified via email once there is a resolution.
What should I do if someone suggests to take a transaction offline?
- Purchasing or selling an item listed on Planet Kraken using any means other than Planet Kraken checkout is called an "offline transaction" and is prohibited.
- When payment is not exchanged through the Planet Kraken system, we cannot guarantee that both parties ship and transact as promised. If we don't process payment, we aren't able to refund the buyer if something goes wrong (for example, if the seller never ships your item or the item you receive is not as described in the listing). As a result, our Planet Kraken buyer protection program does not cover offline transactions.In addition, if we don’t process payment, we can't guarantee that the seller receives their earnings if they deliver the item as described.
- Taking transactions offline is harmful and hurts everyone who plays by the rules. Members who repeatedly take transactions offline will have their future buying and selling privileges restricted on Planet Kraken.
- If you are approached to take a transaction offline, please contact us immediately here.
After making a purchase I did not receive an email confirmation. What should I do?
- If you have placed an order and have not received an order confirmation email, please check to see if we have the correct email address associated with your account. To verify your email address, go to the Account Tab and click My Profile.
- Note: We are unable to resend order confirmation emails. However, you can check the status of your order directly by clicking on your Account Tab and selecting My Purchases.
How long does shipping take?
Please allow 1-2 weeks to receive your order, as we allow our sellers up to 7 days to ship out their orders. However, the majority of our sellers ship their orders within 3 days of purchase.
What should I do when I receive my order?
- Once you have received your order, please ensure your purchase is as described within the listing. If everything
is okay, accept the order so that we can release your payment to the seller:
- Go to your Account Tab
- Select My Purchases
- Select Accept to release the funds to the seller
- Please note that Planet Kraken will automatically release payment to the seller if the order is not marked as received after 3 days of delivery. Once the funds are released to the seller, all sales are final. No refunds will be provided.
- If you receive your order and it is not as described, please notify us within 3 days of delivery by opening a case
within the app:
- Go to your Account Tab
- Select My Purchases
- Click on the item you purchased
- Select Problems/Order Inquiry and complete the dispute reporting process
My order was cancelled. When will I receive my refund?
- You may find your refund information on the Order Page once the order has been cancelled. When an order is cancelled, we process a full refund back to the original payment method.
- If you paid with a credit card, we send the funds back to your bank immediately when an order is cancelled, but it typically takes 10-14 business days for your bank to post it on your statement. Please allow up to one full billing cycle for it to post to your statement.
- If your order was cancelled on the same day as it was originally placed, it was likely voided before it was processed, which means you were neither charged nor refunded. If you do not see your refund within one full billing cycle, please check to confirm whether you were charged in the first place.
What is the Planet Kraken return policy?
- All sales are final on Planet Kraken. However, we take an active role in each and every purchase made on our website to ensure both the buyer and seller have a great experience. A buyer may open a case with us if they don't receive their item or the item they receive is not as described within the listing. This means a buyer cannot return an item they purchased on Planet Kraken if the item simply does not fit or they no longer want the item – as long as the seller accurately described the item in the listing.
- If the buyer receives an item that is not as described within the listing or is sent the wrong item, the buyer can report their problem to us within 3 days of delivery. When a case is opened, the buyer is asked to upload photos and offer details of the item. If the return is verified, we assist the buyer in returning the item to the seller and offer them a full refund.
- To avoid a problem with a sale, we advise sellers to be as descriptive and detailed as possible when creating your listings. We encourage buyers to review the listing photos, description, and item condition. Have any questions? Ask the seller for additional details, measurements or photos. Sellers are usually more than happy to provide additional information.
What is your refund policy?
- When you make a purchase on Planet Kraken, we don't release payment to the seller until you tell us you've received your order as described. You have 3 days after delivery to inform us if the item has been misrepresented by reporting the problem with supporting photos. If we verify your claim, we'll refund your payment. All returns must be shipped back within 5 days of approval to be eligible for a refund.
- What’s covered (if any of the following pertain to your order, please report the problem to Planet Kraken
- Undisclosed damage
- Incorrect or missing item
- Item not as described
- Item is not authentic
- What is not covered:
- Item does not fit / changed mind
Trades and Offline Transactions
- Planet Kraken Protection does not cover trades or transactions completed off of the Planet Kraken platform. When payment for the full value of items is not exchanged through the Planet Kraken platform, we cannot guarantee that both parties will ship and transact as promised. You bear all risks associated with any such transactions.
Six tips for selling on Planet Kraken:
- Great photos! Clear, brightly lit photos improve results.
- Make every word count. Informative descriptions help sell items.
- Share items daily.
- Share other people's listings.
- Don't share or sell counterfeit, knockoff, or fake items.
- Add items to your Merchant account frequently!